Friday, March 19, 2010

16 weeks today!

Hello again, everyone! It is a beautiful, warm, sunny day here in Georgia (FINALLY!!), and I am 4 months to the day today. My clothes are fitting snuggly, and I had to purchase my very first maternity clothes this week. I had saved up all of the Target gift cards that everyone sent me for Christmas and for my birthday, so if you sent me one, THANK YOU!! I bought 2 dresses and a BeBand - it is a band that you wear around your belly with your regular pants unbuttoned, and it keeps your pants up - genius! Here is one of my dresses - I think I may try to do all of my weekly photos in it, so I always look the same...maybe we can do a flip book at the end! haha :)


I have been sleeping fairly well this week, and I am not as hungry all of the time anymore (although I am still hungry more than usual.) The only real complaint that I have is that my left hip is killing me. It makes it hard to get around sometimes, and I have to take breaks often and rest...Lord please just don't let me do the pregnant "waddle"!!

Dave came up with a good system for talking about the baby. We don't like to say "it", so we rotate from him to her. One day we say "he is awake" and the next day we will say "she is hungry".

We have bought a few things here and there that are unisex, like a baby bath tub and some wooden blocks. We also have been getting books here and there to read to the baby. I have come to realize that there are SO many crazy baby toys out there! I know that babies need stimulation, but some of these toys never stop singing or blinking! I have been looking at the more simple toys, like I had when I was a kid. It really doesn't matter at this point anyways... all the baby needs for a while is a place to sleep and food!

That's about all for this week. The blog will be updated on Fridays from here on out, as that is the beginning of my pregnancy week...so keep checking in on us when you can!!

Love, the Sullivans

No comments:

Post a Comment