Friday, March 26, 2010

17 weeks

Yesterday marked 17 weeks! We had our 4 month check up on Monday, the 22nd, and everything looks good. It was a pretty routine visit - she measured my belly and answered some questions we had. We also heard the heartbeat again, which is perfect at this stage - in the 160s.

We have an appointment on April 9th to get the "BIG" ultrasound and find out if we are having a boy or a girl.

Yesterday at physical therapy, a woman told me she has correctly predicted the gender of all 11 of her grandchildren, and she told me it will be a girl. Another lady did the "nail on a string" trick over my belly and said it would be a girl. But a few weeks ago, a lady told me she was positive it was a boy because of "how I am carrying the baby" (I am carrying forward and low so far) ....everyone at PT is kind of invested in this pregnancy :)

The baby has been moving around a LOT this week, especially in the past 3 days, and I fully expect him or her to start kicking the you-know-what out of me any day now. I am not sure what I expected it to feel like, but I know this is definitely NOT what I had in mind. I am sure I will get used to it eventually, and it won't bother me as much. I think we may have an athlete on our hands!

Eating is getting harder for me...I am starting to be more picky and not wanting to eat very much at a time. Before, EVERYTHING sounded yummy, now, as I sit here and think about it, I can't think of one single thing that sounds appetizing.

Here is the weekly belly picture!


Have a great week!!

~the Sullivans

No comments:

Post a Comment