Monday, May 3, 2010

23 weeks

The Snellville Days festival was this past weekend, and mom and I went to check it out Sunday. (On the way there, it came up in conversation that we have lived here 14 years and have never gone to this festival...why??) Anyhow, sewing for babies seems to be the new thing in the craft fair world, and there was no shortage of booths with handmade burp cloths, bibs, bows, dresses, etc. It was fun to look and get ideas, but the things we have made so far are much nicer than most of the things those ladies were selling :) Plus, I made them, so that makes it more personal and special.

I did buy 2 little crocheted beanie hats for Ryan, and 2 handmade bibs with her name embroidered on them. (I am going to make a pattern from the bibs so I can make my own...the main reason I wanted them!)

Hats - can't wait to take her picture in these!!

Sweet little bibs just for Ryan

Grimm's birthday was Tuesday, May 4th. I can't believe he is 5 years old! He got all dressed up in his fancy red bandana and we celebrated by taking him to PetSmart to pick out a toy, and then came home for some home made liver cake (I stopped at Kroger for some cupcakes for the humans). I don't think there is anything in the world that the dogs like more than liver cake.

Grimm enjoying his birthday cake :)

Mom finished hand quilting the cradle quilt yesterday, and it looks AMAZING! I absolutely love it! It has a vintage feel to it. I wanted to do brighter colors on this one since her crib quilt is going to be more muted. Now on to making the crib quilt!

I could not love it more!!!

And here we are at 23 weeks. She has been moving a lot this week!

We are taking mom, Barbara, and all 4 of the dogs to Barnsley Gardens tomorrow for Mother's Day/Grimm's birthday. This is where Dave took me for our 2nd anniversary. It should be beautiful this time of year, and I hope that all of the roses are in bloom!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there!! And a very special "Happy Mother's Day" from Ryan to Nana, Grandma, Nannie, Grandma Judy, Nana B, Aunt Sheila, Aunt Heather, Aunt Jeanne, and Aunt Holly!!

Love you all!!

Have a great week!!

~the Sullivans

No comments:

Post a Comment